[TYPO3] FORM, defined using ts, not sending to email address

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jun 5 02:09:58 CEST 2007

> Went onto the IRC for a little while and found very helpful fellow,
> but still having issues. It was suggested to simplify my form to
> troubleshoot, so i did, down to this
>
> temp.form2 = FORM
> temp.form2 < tt_content.mailform
> temp.form2.20.dataArray{
>    10.type = name=input
>    10.label=YourName
>    20.type = formtype_mail=submit
>    20.value = submit
> }
>
> temp.form2.20.recipient >
> temp.form2.20.recipient = andrew at avagraphique.com
> tt_content.mailform < temp.form2
>
> and it is (still) not working. Well at some point I will try and find
> a different way to do this, if this method is not possible....
>
> Any other suggestions here would be most helpful

Well - this doesn't simplify anything, since you still copy the whole setup
of tt_content.mailform.

temp.form2 = FORM

will be overriden by

temp.form2 < tt_content.mailform

so temp.form is a COA now containing all the stuff of the default mailform
setup.

temp.form2.20.dataArray{
    10.type = name=input
    10.label=YourName
    20.type = formtype_mail=submit
    20.value = submit
}

This will create a data array in addition to the already existing data.field
= bodytext

temp.form2.20.recipient >
temp.form2.20.recipient = andrew at avagraphique.com

This will remove the recipient settings and replace them with your own email
address.

tt_content.mailform < temp.form2

And this is the really nasty part, because here you get back the original
recipient settings even though it doesn't look like that.
Why? - Well you didn't empty tt_content.mailform, so what you do is adding
your properties and settings to the default setup and this will give you:

tt_content.mailform {
    recipient = andrew at avagraphique.com
    recipient.field = subheader
}

No value in subheader, so nowhere to send the mail to.

I tested the behaviour of the form with different settings of strictFormmail
and secureFormmail and found out that it works exactly as expected:

                    strict        secure
DB input        x                x

TS input        x                -

This means: You can set the recipient with TS and the mail will be sent but
only if secureFormmail is disabled (and if you fixed the bugs in your TS
setup)

The only thing I changed for ma tests were these two lines (and this is what
you should do to, to check if it's working as expected):

tt_content.mailform.20.recipient >
tt_content.mailform.20.recipient = whatever at you.like

Using the same content element the mail was sent to the address given in the
subheader field first.
After changing the TS it was sent to another address and the subheader field
was ignored.
Conclusion: No TYPO3 bug in this case.

HTH

Joey