[TYPO3] problems with an URL that doesn't have a trailing '/'

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Mon Jun 4 22:46:15 CEST 2007

> Bing Du wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Typo3 4.0.6
>>
>> We created a page (http://siteA.some.edu/impact) which was of external
>> url
>> type that pointed to another page on another site
>> (http://siteB.some.edu/somepage).
>>
>> We've heard complains from some people that http://siteA.some.edu/impact
>> doesn't work in Internet Explorer in some cases unless '/' is added at
>> the
>> end of the URL.  They were taken to the empty typo3 page /impact but not
>> redirected on from there.  Anybody ever run into the issue like that?  I
>> don't have any problems with http://siteA.some.edu/impact in all the
>> browses I have.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Bing
>

> Hi Bing,
>
> You have to use one of these options in the RealURL config:
>
> 	'init' => array(
> 		'appendMissingSlash' => 'ifNotFile',
> 		'enableCHashCache' => 1,
> 		'enableUrlDecodeCache' => 1,
> 		'enableUrlEncodeCache' => 1
> 	),
>
> appendMissingSlash
>
> Let me know if you need the whole configuration file.
>
> gRTz
>
> ben
> --

Thanks, Ben.  Our realurl config has,

'init' => array(
             'enableCHashCache' => 1,
             'postVarSet_failureMode' => 'ignore',
             'appendMissingSlash' => 'ifNotFile',
             'enableUrlDecodeCache' => 0,
             'enableUrlEncodeCache' => 1,
        ),

If I understand the above appendMissingSlash setting right, '/' is only
added when the last part of the URL is a directory.  In our case,
'/impact' is a page.  I just checked with the person who reported the
problem.  He had the problem with IE 7.  But the same
http://siteA.some.edu/impact works fine for me in my IE 7.  In speaking
url management, I changed the pagepath from 'impact' to 'impact/'.  Seemed
that fixed his problem.  But I dunno why.

Bing