[TYPO3] custom bullet lists in RTE

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 06:44:30 CEST 2007

Hi Nagita,

On 7/26/07, Nagita Karunaratne <Nagita.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a tutorial that shows you how to configure rhtmlarea? I found
> one in German but could not translate it well.
>
> I would like to style bullet lists that are created within the RTE. They
> look like this:
>
>                  <ul>
>                    <li>Bibendum vivamus in</li>
>
>                    <li>Fusce bibendum semper</li>
>
>                    <li>Maecenas elementum da</li>
>
>                    <li>Proin elit dolor, mat</li>
>                  </ul>
>
> But I cannot style them without affecting other lists in the site. This
> affects other lists such as menus etc:
>
> /* RTE / Bulletlists */
> UL { margin-top: 0px; }
> UL LI { }
> OL { margin-top: 0px; }
> LI { margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; padding-top: 2px; }
>
> Is is possible to uniquely identify bullet lists created by the RTE?

Check the manual for the bit about adding classes to lists--it's a bit
of a chore to do, but it should let you do what you need to. I don't
have a sample ready-to-hand with lists, but I did dig this
up--combined with the manual, I think this should get you started:

RTE {
	default {
		contentCSS = fileadmin/styles/rte.css
		classesImage =
float_right,float_left,float_right_no_border,float_left_no_border,
		classesAnchor = pdf_link,
		classesParagraph = last_item,attribution
		classesCharacter = last_item,

		proc {
			allowedClasses = last_item, pdf_link,
float_right,float_left,float_right_no_border,float_left_no_border,attribution
			keepPDIVattribs = style,align,class
		}
	}

	classes {