[TYPO3] TS template condition problem - COA with IMAGE and HMENU

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Sat Jul 14 17:21:04 CEST 2007

>> Simply put the HMENU into another lib and use this twice, for
>> checking and as a copied menu in your original lib. I'll skip the
>> content of each element, since it will be exactly the same as you
>> already posted.
>>
>> lib.menu = HMENU
>>
>> lib.left = COA
>> lib.left.if.isTrue.cObject < lib.menu
>> lib.left.wrap = <div class="sidebarContainer">|</div>
>> lib.left.10 = IMAGE
>> lib.left.20 < lib.menu
>>

> I tried your solution, but now I don't get any output on pages with
> subpages on the right level in the pagetree.
>
> My TS structure now looks like this:

[snip]

there's something wrong with your structure.
Removing the stuff between the curly braces shows something like this:

lib.left = COA
lib.left.10 = COA
lib.left.10 {
    10 = IMAGE
    10.file {
        10 = IMAGE
        20 = TEXT
        20 {
        }
    }
}
20 < lib.leftmenu
}

where it should be:

lib.left = COA
lib.left {
    if.isTrue.cObject < lib.leftmenu
    wrap = <div class="sidebarContainer">|</div>
    10 = COA
    10 {
        10 = IMAGE
        10.file {
            10 = IMAGE
            20 = TEXT
            20 {
            }
        }
        20 < lib.leftmenu
    }
}

And I'm not sure if you can use lib.leftmenu before you set it up.
So usually it should be:

lib.leftmenu = BLAH
lib.left = BLAH using lib.leftmenu

HTH