[TYPO3] modifying the backend

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 22:24:57 CEST 2007

Hi Nagita,

On 7/3/07, Nagita Karunaratne <Nagita.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Georg Rehfeld wrote:
> > Hi Nagita,
> >
> >> Is there anyway to reduce the width of the panel containing the
> >> pagetree in the backend?
> >
> >   # set the navigation frame to a size in pixel, default is 245
> >   setup.override.navFrameWidth = 245
> >
> >   # enable users to resize the navigation frame
> >   setup.override.navFrameResizable = 1
> >

> Thanks Georg,
>
> I put this in admin's TSConfig and it worked but when I removed it the
> behavior persisted. I cannot find any mention of this in the bugtracker.
>
> There is no way to get the default behavior unless I explicitly put the
> default values:
>
> setup.override.navFrameWidth = 245
> setup.override.navFrameResizable = 0
>
> Otherwise it uses the last values you adding to TSConfig regardless if
> you removed them or not.
>
> I removed cookies, cleared all the caches, logged out etc. but it seems
> to remember the last settings somewhere and will not defer to the defaults.
>
> I also looked at the user's TSConfig array (with the User Admin module)
> and these values are gone.
>
> I tried this on two other T3 installations and got the same behavior.
>
> I don't understand how the system can remember the settings if they are
> not in the users TSConfig array.

It's in the manual ;-)

"Notice:

There is a tricky aspect to these settings; If first you have set a
value by setup.override and then removes it again you will experience
that the value persists to exist. This is because it is saved in the
backend users profile. Therefore, if you have once set a value, do not
remove it again by rather set it blank if you want to disable the
effect again!" [1]

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/