[TYPO3] modifying the backend

Nagita Karunaratne Nagita.k at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 22:00:30 CEST 2007

Georg Rehfeld wrote:
> Hi Nagita,
>
>> Is there anyway to reduce the width of the panel containing the
>> pagetree in the backend?
>
>   # set the navigation frame to a size in pixel, default is 245
>   setup.override.navFrameWidth = 245
>
>   # enable users to resize the navigation frame
>   setup.override.navFrameResizable = 1

Thanks Georg,

I put this in admin's TSConfig and it worked but when I removed it the
behavior persisted. I cannot find any mention of this in the bugtracker.

There is no way to get the default behavior unless I explicitly put the
default values:

setup.override.navFrameWidth = 245
setup.override.navFrameResizable = 0

Otherwise it uses the last values you adding to TSConfig regardless if
you removed them or not.

I removed cookies, cleared all the caches, logged out etc. but it seems
to remember the last settings somewhere and will not defer to the defaults.

I also looked at the user's TSConfig array (with the User Admin module)
and these values are gone.

I tried this on two other T3 installations and got the same behavior.

I don't understand how the system can remember the settings if they are
not in the users TSConfig array.

/Nagita