[TYPO3] Templavoila: switching DS/TO on a page

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jul 3 13:38:38 CEST 2007

Hi!

Rino Razzi wrote:
> As you suggested, I tryed to do a new TO with the same DS as described
> in FTB1. I defined the TO as a subtemplate of the main TO and selected
> Printed Friendly as type of rendering. The problem is that when I go to
> map the new TO I can't get the new mapping saved. After saving I always
> have this message at the bottom of Templavoila Template Mapping page:
> "The current mapping information is different from the mapping
> information in the Template Object". In fact if I exit and come back to
> Templavoila Template Mapping page all the mapping made before is lost.

Most likely HTML is invalid. TemplaVoila, in fact, requires xhtml (all
tags closed properly, etc). Try http://validator.w3.org/ and see what it
tells you.

> Is the problem that the HTML templates of  Accessible and Normal Version
> are completely different? In the normal HTML template we use TABLE, TR,
> and TD tags, while in accessible HTML template we use only DIV, LISTS
> and P tags. Then, if I undertood about use of DS and TO  I think it is
> difficult to share the same DS i this case. Or not?

No. DS describes fields, it does not know anything about HTML or tags.
TO says what tag belongs to what field. So you can have one DS and
unlimited number of TOs with *any* markup.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/