[TYPO3] Templavoila: switching DS/TO on a page

Rino Razzi razzi at archicoop.it
Tue Jul 3 11:02:31 CEST 2007

Hi Dmitry!

At 15.26 02/07/2007, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>Rino Razzi wrote:
> > I have a problem about using different DS and TO on the same pagetree.
> > I'me using typo3 4.1.1 and templavoila extension.
>
>Good. Next time, please, post to templavoila list :)

OK, sorry for this error on posting and thanks for your replay.

> > I'm making a double versione web site: one normal version and one
> > accessible version.
> > The default access at the site is to the normal version. There you find
> > a link to accessible version.
> > The accessible version shows the same content the normal version does
> > (the pagetree is the same) but using a completely different layout.
> > So, the accessible version sould use different TS and TO and I have made
> > two DS and TO ("Normal [Template]" / "Normal [TO]" and "Accessible
> > [Template]"/ "Accessible [TO]" ).
>
>You should have one DS and two TOs. There is no need to have extra DS.

As you suggested, I tryed to do a new TO with the same DS as
described in FTB1. I defined the TO as a subtemplate of the main TO
and selected Printed Friendly as type of rendering. The problem is
that when I go to map the new TO I can't get the new mapping saved.
After saving I always have this message at the bottom of Templavoila
Template Mapping page: "The current mapping information is different
from the mapping information in the Template Object". In fact if I
exit and come back to Templavoila Template Mapping page all the
mapping made before is lost.

As the site is multilanguage, to manage differente HTML template for
differente languages of the web site I already made others TO with
the same DS as subtemplate of the main TO. In that case all works
fine. But the HTML template have exactly the same structure.

Is the problem that the HTML templates of  Accessible and Normal
Version are completely different? In the normal HTML template we use
TABLE, TR, and TD tags, while in accessible HTML template we use only
DIV, LISTS and P tags. Then, if I undertood about use of DS and TO  I
think it is difficult to share the same DS i this case. Or not?

You can see the 2 version of the sit at this links:
- normal version: http://www.opapisa.it
- accessible version: http://www.opapisa.it/?id=15&T=4

The links show you an old version of the site made with typo3 3.7.1
and Template auto-parser (no templavoila).
Now I'me porting the site to typo3 4.1.1 and templavoila