[TYPO3] Using count_menuItems to split a menu in two parts

Eduardo Trápani eduardo at esperanto.org.uy
Tue Jan 23 22:28:19 CET 2007

Hi,

The last two menu items have to be dealt with specially and they are always there.  I wanted to create two menu objects and render them apart.  The second part will always have two items and the first part could have one or many.

I tried to isolate them by using begin, maxItems and minItems but I think I'm not getting count_menuItems right.

This is how the TS looks like

lib.simplemenu {

  10 = HMENU

  10.wrap = <ul>|</ul>

  10.1 = TMENU

  10.1 {
    maxItems = register:count_menuItems - 3
    expAll = 1

    itemArrayProcFunc = user_foldoutMenu->getIfSubUidList

If I write maxItems = 5 then it works, but when I switch to another level that number is not accurate anymore.

I tried with "{" and "(" around the expression, but nothing changes.  I also checked this document that splits a menu in two:

http://www.typo3wizard.com/en/content-comments.html?no_cache=1&tx_rfcontentcomments_pi1%5Bcontentuid%5D=365

and it works, but it looks really complicated for what I want to do and I'm not sure how to change it.

Does anybody know why maxItems = register:count_menuItems - 3 or ({register:count_menuItems}-3) do not work?

Thanks, Eduardo.