[TYPO3] indexed search results via JSON/XML

Amiran Chyb amiran.chyb at stopspam.gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 16:13:47 CET 2007

hi there

I'd like to set up page serving indexed search results eg. for ajax
requests. I know there's indexed search API for crawler, but I haven't
seen anything like this for getting the search results. Has anybody done
that?

One approach would be to modify the plugin to make it output results in
some lightweight format and put the plugin on a clean page with all its
headers disabled in TS etc.

Other way would be to use EiD page which would call the plugin code (up to
getResultRows, I guess) and output them as JSON/XML/whatever.

#1 would have the overhead of all typo3 layers, since it would use a
regular frontend plugin. #2, on the other hand, would be more difficult.
I'm not sure what should be loaded to make search work in EiD, also, how
should I call the functions from the plugin - is it possible at all from
the basic eid page? Or should I rather recreate the plugin's basic
functionality on my own (ie. ctrl+c ctrl+v plus some cleaning)?

thanks
Am