[TYPO3] Website in Arabic, English and Danish

Aji Johannes aji.yahya at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 16:48:03 CET 2007

Tomas Norre Mikkelsen schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I have to make a website in typo3 that support following three languages:
> Arabic, English and Danish.
>
> The english and danish is not a problem, i've made solution like that
> before, but the Arabic im not sure how to solve.
>
> I have found the plugin zor_rtl, which helps to write from the right to
> left..
>
> But it altså effects the 2 other languages, so i have to get a solution,
> that when editing arabic pages, the plugin zor_rtl is loaded and with
> english and danish pages it is not..
>
> Do anyone, have a solution for this problem ?

Hello Tomas,

i i already maked many websites with Arabic Language. it is easy to do
it, you dont have to Install any plugins for Arabic Support.

1. create an Database  utf8_general_ci

2. make sure that you set the ForceCharset to utf=8 in BE(install tool),
to support all Languages.

3. then you need to define in your CSS or HTML the Direction of the
Text, Arabice for example, you need direction= rtl or in css dir:rtl;

4. then you can define an css for arabic and one css for DK and EN.

that is all.

try it, if you get any problem, let me know.

Johannes