[TYPO3] content items to be wrapped with a div if is a text item but not if it's an image

John Kavanagh john.kavanagh at roomthree.com
Thu Feb 8 15:27:38 CET 2007

Hello,

I am editing a typo3 site that doesn't have templavoila installed and am
trying to get the following result:

In the right hand column (colPos=2) I want each content item to be
wrapped with a div if is a text item but not if it's an image.

I have looked at all the guides and the messages and I can't find a way
to get it to work (I am a typoscript beginner).

This is my code:

plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {

  content = FILE

  content.file = fileadmin/html/generic.html

  elements {

    BODY.all = 1

    BODY.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_BODY

    HEAD.all = 1

    HEAD.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_HEADER

    HEAD.rmTagSections = title

    UL.all = 1

    DIV.all = 1

  }

  relPathPrefix = fileadmin/html/

}

temp.columnRight = CONTENT

temp.columnRight  {

    table = tt_content

    select.orderBy = sorting

    slide = -1

    select.where = colPos = 2

}

temp.columnRight.stdWrap.innerWrap.cObject >

temp.columnRight.stdWrap.innerWrap.cObject = CASE

temp.columnRight.innerWrap.cObject {

     key.field = CType

     default = HTML

     default.value = <div id="c{field:uid}" class="item"> | </div>

     image = IMAGE

     image.value = <div style="border:1px solid red;">|</div>

            #i'm just using this div to see if it has worked!

}

temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE

temp.mainTemplate {

  template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1

    # Select only the content between the <body>-tags

  workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY

  subparts.topLinks < temp.topLinks

  subparts.nav < temp.nav

  subparts.subHeader < temp.menu_subHeader

  subparts.content = CONTENT

  subparts.content {

    table = tt_content

    select.orderBy = sorting

    select.where = colPos = 0

  }

  subparts.columnRight < temp.columnRight

  styles.content.links.target = _self

}

temp.headTemplate = TEMPLATE

temp.headTemplate {

  template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1

    # Select only the content between the <head>-tags

  workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_HEADER

}

page = PAGE

page.typeNum = 0

page.10 < temp.mainTemplate

page.headerData.10  < temp.headTemplate

If you can tell me where I am going wrong I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,

John.