[TYPO3] tt_news record in non-default language

Stano Paška stano.paska at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 13:57:23 CET 2007

> > When I set Hide in default language, on web page other languages does
> > not display (in BE they are "not hidden").
>
> Try to put this in template setup:
> config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback;0

I tried this, but does not work.

I need one separate english news record, that does not have equivalent
in default language.
For english web we need separate news.

I think this can not be done and we must create two separate news
categories for this. :-(

> Also, do you have config.sys_language_uid set correctly?

Yes, I have.

> > I must create new localized versions or it can be possible to copy
> > localized versions too?
>
> You can copy default version + other language versions via TYPO3
> clipboard all at once. However, I think they will lose the realtion. You
> can easily reset the reation though.

In normal content it works, I can set new relations to other default elements.
But in news records I can only remove relation but not set it to other
record :-( (only manually in database with sql)

> > And when I move default version, localized versions moves with it?
>
> I think they do, if you put default version + other language versions
> into the TYPO3 clipboard together.
> I am not sure what happens if you move only the default version.
> Try it. :)

Moving works ok, relations was preserved.

Stano.