[TYPO3] Commenting system: see all comments?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Dec 28 19:58:45 CET 2007

Hi!

Frank Sonck wrote:
> I've been trying out the new commenting extension (comments), which looks
> very interesting. Thanx Dmitry for this very nice work! You've created a
> very usefull and long awaited functionality.

Thanks :)

> I only have one problem: it would be very nice if I can have a page where
> I can show ALL (recent) comments. At least the comments on my tt_news
> records.
> If visitors come on my site and want to read the latest comments they
> want to have such a page and not be forced to check all articles one by
> one.

So you want to show all comments posted during some recent period of time, right?

> Does anyone know whether it's possible to do this? Having created such a
> page, with the comments plugin in LIST mode and pointing to the correct
> starting point, I only have a blank page, no comments.

Yes, this happens because comments are always activated by a single view. So the functionality that you need is not there yet. But I think it is useful and interesting. Can you add a feature request to bug tracker? I will implement it at some point.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team