[TYPO3] Changing default img parameters through TypoScript

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 00:32:26 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 8/29/07, Edwin Blokker <a.stoutjesdijk at chello.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using an extension (different linklayout) which places images before
> my links. The images contain only a "title" parameter. Because it has no
> alt tag, the pages won't validate. I'm trying to figure out if there is
> a way to make Typo3 add an alt="" parameter in images by default, if
> there is no alt tag set manually.
>
> Also, I don't know where the title="" parameter within images comes
> from, I'd like control over that too..
>
> Any suggestions? I tried the typoscript object browser but I can't seem
> to find the right configurations...

It depends whether or not the extension actually USES typoscript to
produce the images and/or links in the first place. If it does, you
should be able to find something in the TSOB, but it it doesn't,
you'll be stuck with hacking the php code.

Actually, I just had a look at the TS [1] and the PHP [2]. Try this:

tt_content.text.20.parseFunc.tags.link.typolink.userFunc.linkImgMailto.altText
= foo

tt_content.text.20.parseFunc.tags.link.typolink.userFunc.linkImgExt.altText
= bar

tt_content.text.20.parseFunc.tags.link.typolink.userFunc.linkImgInt.altText
= foobar

...it looks as though linkImgMailto. is used in the creation of an
IMAGE cObject within the PHP code, so it ought to work. For that
matter, it also looks like the whole extension could be done with TS
and no userFunc--admittedly, the TS might be longer than the TS...

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/

[1] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/dh_linklayout/0.1.0/info/ext_typoscript_setup.txt/