[TYPO3] Very basic template question...

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Aug 27 17:03:32 CEST 2007

Hi!

There is no need to post twice :) Some parts are answered in replies to
your previous message.

Ben wrote:
> My question is: I need to change the HMENU (or is it TMENU) for the
> site- i know exactly what to change, just no idea where to GO to
> change it - looking in the Setup of the Main template file - there is
> this clue:
>
> #TOP NAV MENU
 > lib.menuHeader >

This clears lib.menuHeader

 > lib.menuHeader = HMENU

This says that lib.menuHeader is of type HMENU. So, you can look into
TSRef document and see what properties it has (= what you can set).

> lib.menuHeader.entryLevel = 0

See in TSRef for HMENU

> lib.menuHeader.1 = TMENU

So the first ("1") level of menu is TMENU. See in TSRef properties of TMENU.

> lib.menuHeader.1 {

This means that next block is a set of properties for TMENU until
closing bracket.

> expAll = 1

See in TSRef what it means (for TMENUITEM).

> wrap =<ul class="nav">|</ul>

Also can be found in TSRef. It means: wrap the content of this item in
<ul class="nav"> and </ul>. I guess there are second level menus and
they are wrapped in this <ul>

> and then in the Template file of the main home page this clue:
>
> lib.menuHeader.1.wrap = <ul class="nav">|</ul>

This is the same as above. Can be written as:

lib.menuHeader.1 {
	wrap = <ul class="nav">|</ul>
}

> ---- I have no idea where the | is pointing to in either example
> above - I assume, lib.menuheader.1.wrap is being defined and used for
> the tempaplate- but how on earth do i edit lib.menuheader.1.wrap -
>
> thanks for any assistance - this one little thing has been driving me
> nutz for the past week.... i know there is a super easy answer to it-

You should definitely read TypoScript tutorials on typo3.org. They will
explain it to you in details withing hours. No need to spend days on
these simple things.

> thanks!! b

And, dear b, do not forget your full name.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/