[TYPO3] categories and subcategories in tt_news

Nagita Karunaratne Nagita.k at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 16:30:05 CEST 2007

Hi,

I create tt-news categories and give them a few subcategories.

Then I assign some news items to the subcategories because I want to
display only news items that fit a certain subcategory.

However when I try to display all news items by creating a front-end
LIST and giving it the 'main' category (not the subcategories), no news
items are displayed.

It is as if tt-news does not recognize the subcategories.

Is there some configuration I am missing.

Thanks.