[TYPO3] howto setup cron task for direct mail extension

Bram de Leeuw beterbram at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 21 18:13:33 CEST 2007

Jean,thank you for your quick reply. But I still don't understand what you mean.I can't find the file crontab.And I don't know where to find cron's man. (assuming that man stands for manager)Cheers,Bram de LeeuwJean Baptiste wrote:Hello,You just have to put this line in /etc/crontab.You can find more information about your specific distribution configuration by consulting cron 's man, just type "man crontab".Jean-Baptiste Bram de Leeuw wrote:>  > Dear list recipients,I> have the direct mail extension set up and running. Sending the mails> works perfect as long as I manually invoke the mailer engine. But now I> want to use the mailer cron task. Since I have a recipient-list of over> 1600 subscribers and don't want to choke the receiving server (all> subscribers are members of a school, so they are all on the same mail> server) it is necessary to send the mails per 45 mails per 30 minutes.> The things I don't understand from the extension manual is where to put the following line:> */5 * * * * /home/....../public_html/typo3conf/ext/direct_mail/mod/dmailerd.phpcron> /dev/null> > It seems as if the writer of the manual assumes you to know but I> don't. And also I can't find this information anywhere! On every> tutorial or message board I checked nobody states where to insert the> above line.Any help is greatly appreciated! Bram de Leeuw.