[TYPO3] RealURL modifies my 'Speaking URL path segment'

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Sat Aug 11 09:01:40 CEST 2007

Hey Patrick,

> Click 'Delete Everything and Start Again' button and go to any page
> previosly displayed at your browser.  If you click any link you get a
> "PAGE NOT FOUND" error.  That's okay, but it would be better if the
> site's root is displayed instead of the "not found" page.  Or maybe the
> error page redirecting (after a couple of seconds) to the root. As a
> matter of fact you are compelled to go to the root in order to recreate
> the links.

well, if you mind about this behaviour you have 2 options:
1) don't use 'Delete Everything and Start Again', but click 'Force
update of all links'
2) modify the 404 error page so that i would point or redirect to the root

You can redirect in case of "page not found" using:

<pagenotfound>
       <status>HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently</status>
       <behavior type="redirect">http://example.com/</behavior>
</pagenotfound>

--
Jan Bednarik