[TYPO3] RealURL modifies my 'Speaking URL path segment'

Patrick Braun patbraun at nospam.com
Sat Aug 11 14:26:04 CEST 2007

Hi Jan,

> You can redirect in case of "page not found" using:
>
> <pagenotfound>
> <status>HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently</status>
> <behavior type="redirect">http://example.com/</behavior>
> </pagenotfound>

After sending the message I did find the solution.  In other words "if you
can't make it work, read the documentation" ;)  Okay, now I have a hardcopy
at hand.   However, as you supposed, the redirect to the root is not a good
idea in the long term.  It is better to point to a modified 404 and blah,
blah, blah.  Well, that's another problem.

Excellent work Jan.  In fact I have found that all the problems I had with
my original Typo3 setup related to URL's vanished.  Now it runs *faster*
and so far it works as expected.  No cache problems, no weird responses.
 Outstanding indeed!!

Thank you!