[TYPO3] setting sitetitle inside typoscript in a condition block

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 18:22:00 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 4/26/07, Zachary Denison <zacharydenison at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using a single typoscript template for my site, but I have 2
> different languages in the (one tree fits all paradigm).  So I
> conditionally include the template, which works beautifully.  However
> I would like the sitetitle to be different for each language too, and
> the sitetitle does not get set according to my below code, am I doing
> something wrong? Is it not possible to set the sitetitle inside the
> typoscript.
>
> config.linkVars = L
> config.sys_language_uid = 0
> config.language = en
> plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1.content.file = {$TEMPLATE_EN}
> sitetitle = This is the English Sitetitle
> [globalVar = GP:L = 0]
>         config.sys_language_uid = 0
>         config.language = en
>         plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1.content.file = {$TEMPLATE_EN}
>         sitetitle = This is the English Sitetitle
> [globalVar = GP:L = 1]
>         config.sys_language_uid = 1
>         config.language = ru
>         plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1.content.file = {$TEMPLATE_RU}
>         sitetitle = This is the Russian Sitetitle
> [global]

What is "sitetitle"? You cannot simply invent TS properties and expect
TYPO3 to 'understand' what you want. Not counting extensions, ALL
Typoscript properties are listed in the TSref; if you can't find it
there, it will not work!

Search the English list (and the TSref) for 'config.noPageTitle' and
'page.headerData' to achieve what you're trying to do--there have been
two or three recent threads that covered this subject very well.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/