[TYPO3] Cannot connect to current Database

Tom Coady tom.coady at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 19:10:17 CEST 2007

On 4/24/07, Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] <mathias at typo3.org> wrote:

> Yes, this seems to happen because for some reason (and believe me...
> it's not the favicon) your database connection gets lost.
> This can be due to server outages or loadbalancers or...or...or...
> TYPO3 displays the error whenever it is not able to connect to the
> database, for whatever reason.

Oh right, thanks Mathias - I'll get the ISP to check the servers then.

This might be because someone set the "standard" TYPO3 image formats to
> a setting that prohibits PNG.
> If you're hosting the machine check why you changed the settings in
> localconf.php (use the install tool if you like it better).

OK many thanks again. I ended up looking in  install tool as I could not
immediately find localconf.php[1] so I used the install tool and found in 5:
All Configuration under *$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']:*
*[imagefile_ext]* Commalist of file extensions perceived as images by TYPO3.
List should be set to 'gif,png,jpeg,jpg' if IM is not available. Lowercase
and no spaces between!

*[GFX][imagefile_ext] = gif,jpg,jpeg,tif,bmp,pcx,tga,png,pdf*
So I guess this is already configured OK?
Sorry I found localconf.php now and assume this is the line in question:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["GFX"]["imagefile_ext"] =
'gif,jpg,jpeg,tif,bmp,pcx,tga,png,pdf';    //  Modified or inserted by Typo3
Install Tool.