[TYPO3] Single sign on for other applications

Peter Guhl peter.guhl at win-lux.ch
Tue Apr 24 17:58:18 CEST 2007

Hello all

I have some sort of single sign on in mind. People authenticate at typo3
and get access to demo installations of (to date) gallery, phpBB,
vtiger, egroupware and xt:commerce (quite possible that there will be
more in the future).

I already found phpbb_auth and I know Gallery has an API for such things
(I already used it in another project). I am sure it would be possible
to build extensions for the other applications too. But for me it seems
too complicated to handle them one by one since I don't need high
security and for demos it's better to show them the original login too.

I am planning to put all those installations behind Apache basic
authentication. Then I only need an automated way to keep the
.htpasswd-file in sync with the FE-Users customers create themselves
using feuser_admin. Yet I was unable to find a suitable extension. Do
you know more?

If I need to create something myself I will probably extend
feuser_admin, making it write a .htpasswd after each change.

Regards
     Peter