[TYPO3] Trouble with 4.1, xhtml and validator.w3.org

Peter Guhl peter.guhl at win-lux.ch
Tue Apr 24 11:08:06 CEST 2007

Hi

Christopher Torgalson schrieb:

>> [...]
>>
>> > I bet it's the "Accessible Content" extension that changes the
>> default wrap
>>
>> No, according to the Typo Script Object Browser it's css_styled_content
>> defining lib.stdheader.stdWrap.dataWrap = <span class="csc-header
>> csc-header-n{cObj:parentRecordNumber}">|</span>
>

> No, it's /not/ css styled content--unless you have altered the
> static/setup.txt file in the extension directory.

/typo3_src-4.1/typo3/sysext/css_styled_content/static/setup.txt sais
stdWrap.dataWrap = <div class="csc-header
csc-header-n{cObj:parentRecordNumber}">|</div> - therefore it's OK.

> Just checking in the
> TSob can't tell you this. If you try the template analyzer instead,
> you can see that there is only one occurrence of 'csc-header-n', and
> it looks like this:
 >
> stdWrap.dataWrap = <div class="csc-header
> csc-header-n{cObj:parentRecordNumber}">|</div>

That's true

> If another extension were to come along and overwrite the line above
> with a span instead, you'd have no good way (from the TSob alone) to
> tell which extension had done it.

Apparently. All I can say now (after I changed to the div-tag) is that I
had who lines at the end of my standard template. One wrong, one right.
I do not remember that I typed in the wrong one; where the right one is
coming from is clear; that was the change made in the Object Browser.

>> Version 0.3.1 or if I somehow managed to break it.

If I remove both lines everything is OK too. Therefore that span somehow
made it into my root template long ago by accident. I wonder how... but
it's hardly possible to find out.

>> For example by
>> accidentally installing an old version of "Accessible Content" and
>> updating it later on.

[...]

> This is still your most likely suspect.

Is it possible that installing an extension adds a line to the TS-Setup
of the first template? I never programmed an extension yet, but I don't
think I would do this. It does not look like a good place for that...

Regards
     Peter