[TYPO3] New Extension: PMK SlimBox (LightBox clone)

Peter Klein peter at umloud.dk
Wed Apr 18 17:15:24 CEST 2007

"Martin Kutschker" <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1176883642.7144.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...

> Interestingly Lightbox v2 (and PMK SlimBox) uses the rel attribute and has
> the image as href of the anchor. And it uses Prototype/scriptaculuos which
> are shipped with 4.1.
>
> So I think it's great that PMK SlimBox doesn't use an XCLASS. But I think
> that it's possible to use a similar TS for the original Lightbox v2.

The same method can easily be used for the original LightBox v2, but unless
you really need Prototype/scriptaculuos, I se no reason why to use that.

Prototype.js (46Kb) + scriptaculuos.js (2.1Kb) + effects.js (31Kb) +
Lightbox v2 (22Kb) = 101.1Kb

Mootools.js (16.6Kb) + Slimbox_ex.js  (5.5Kb) = 22.1Kb

 I fail to understand why TYPO3 has chosen to ship that bloated Prototype
library with v4.1, as there's several (better and smaller) JS libraries
around, like JQuery and Mootools.

--
Peter Klein / Umloud Untd.