[TYPO3] New Extension: PMK SlimBox (LightBox clone)

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Apr 18 10:07:22 CEST 2007

Ries van Twisk schrieb:

> Simple pop-ups are blocked at my browser and I think most anti-ad- ware
> programs will block them aswell.

I'm talking of a popup in an onlick handler. This will not be blocked.

 > I think peters method is accessible enough  for  most, if not all people.

I think that a light box with the fancy shading of the BE and resizing
"inline window" is distracting and has IMHO possible accesibuiliyt problems.

>>> well, AFAIK the popup TYPO3 is currently using  is based on  JavaScript
>>> too, and has a fallback to directly show the picture in a new  window if
>>> JS is disabled. I mean, if this ext does it same way, I don't  think
>>> that
>>
>> This is ok for me.

Interestingly Lightbox v2 (and PMK SlimBox) uses the rel attribute and has
the image as href of the anchor. And it uses Prototype/scriptaculuos which
are shipped with 4.1.

So I think it's great that PMK SlimBox doesn't use an XCLASS. But I think
that it's possible to use a similar TS for the original Lightbox v2.

Masi