[TYPO3] curly-brackets in TEXT object

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:47:11 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 4/18/07, Bartosz Aninowski <bart at remitsonik.pl> wrote:
> Hi
> I need to use UFO javascript to load swf mowie.
> Is there any solutions to ignore particular curly-brackets
>
> temp.flash = COA
> temp.flash {
> 10= TEXT
> 10.value = {page:uid}
> 10.insertData = 1
> 10.wrap (
> <script type="text/javascript">
> var FO = { movie:"fileadmin/flash/menunew.swf", width:"295", height:"845",
> majorversion:"8", menu:"false", wmode:"opaque",
> flashvars:"link=fileadmin/flash/&id=|" };
> UFO.create(FO, "flashmenu");
> </script>
> )
> }
>
> above temp object produces following output in html
>
> <script type="text/javascript">
> var FO = " };
> UFO.create(FO, "flashmenu");
> </script>

The problem here isn't with the Typoscript parser choking on '{' or
'}'. The problem is that TS properties are processed /in the order
they appear in the TSref/: "The properties in this table is parsed in
the listed order" [1]

If you change line 2 of the TEXT object to "10.value.data = page:uid"
and delete line 3, your code will probably work.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.0.0/view/5/1/