[TYPO3] BE: Difference - Main User Group and User Gropu?

Michael Baker mbaker at pobox.com
Thu Apr 12 14:31:53 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm having difficulty setting up BE users.  I've successfully set up a
user group for two of my users and they have the access they need in the BE.

However I've tried to set up similar groups for two of my other users,
but they don't work.

When I look at User Admin | Compare User Settings and select Main user
group and Member of groups
only the users who have the required BE access are listed as having a
Main user group or being a member of a group.

The users who are not listed are members of other groups and if I put
them in the group that is listed (see above) then they are listed in
that group, so it looks to me as if there is something about the group,
rather than the users that I have not set up correctly.

How do I make a user group and "Main user gropu"?

Michael.

--
Dr Michael Baker  +44 1993 842145  www.michael-baker.com

websites; ecommerce; databases;
software selection, customisation and installation