[TYPO3] On diff patches again - comments

Andreas Koppa akoppa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 16:38:15 CEST 2007

Hello Klaus,

> If you have to replace dozens of files in
> different directorys, installing a new tarball is a far better option.

Typo3 4.1.1 contains 3225 files and 266 dirs.  Let's focus in one folder.
 I do prefer to replace 12 or 24 (even 48) files at /typo3/ instead of the
3089 files and 258 dirs contained within that dir.
I don´t suggest that devs deliver just the modified files.  What I suggest
is they deliver a couple of update options.

>> By the way, the MISS Procedure is a key factor in most technical
>> developments.
>>
> Huh? Never heared of it.

I used a variation of the original acronym in order to catch your attention
;)
However, this might sound offensive to some Europeans, so please don´t blame
me.  It´s an accronym widely used in the US electronic industry well before
Internet.

MISS = KISS
KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid
MISS = Make It Simple Stupid