[TYPO3] On diff patches again - comments

Klaus Muth news2004 at hampft.de
Wed Apr 11 11:19:32 CEST 2007

Andreas Koppa wrote:

> [...] there is nothing better than the MISS Update Procedure,
> that is, just replace the following files and do a compare if necessary,
> period.
Now, that's what I would call cumbersome. If you have to replace one or two
files, this could be ok (but is not, normally you just replace some lines
of code). If you have to replace dozens of files in different directorys,
installing a new tarball is a far better option.

> By the way, the MISS Procedure is a key factor in most technical
> developments.
Huh? Never heared of it.

klaus
--
Klaus Muth               HAGOSVerbunddeutscherKachelofen-undLuftheizungs
Germany                  bauerbetriebeeGSitz:StuttgartRechtsf.:Genossens