[TYPO3] use FCE with MTB

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Sat Apr 7 14:57:01 CEST 2007

http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2005-September/013369.html
> sounds very positively that can be done.

What exactly do you want to do, that would make the use of FCE necessary?
AFAIK it's the same as having different types of content elements just at
another level.

The default selection of CE would give you a list of different elements that
are setup using TCEforms defined by a PHP file. You can define as many types
as you like by extending the default tt_content setup _and_ you can use
flexforms there, if you like categories or similar tabbed stuff.

The FCE approach is moving this from PHP to XML but still would give you a
list of predefined elements _after_ you selected the CE type "flexible
content".
So you got exactly the same behaviour and the same results with just one
more click and the disadvantages of having to code an almost unsearchable
XML monster instead of a PHP array.

If you just want some other CE than the default stuff, go to the kickstarter
create an extensions that adds some new fields to tt_content (only if
necessary, since maybe you just want to use the existing fields in another
way) and then define your new types of content elements, the fields they
should show, the order in which they should be presented in the BE form and
the palettes that should be attached to each of them.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de