[TYPO3] On diff patches again - comments

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 19:21:25 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 4/4/07, Corrado <support at eeos.biz> wrote:
> 1) Do you realise that you have to access to curl or wget and that more than
> half of the hosting packages do no allow for it?
>
> 2) So you do not change the permission on the folder and your webserver user
> (or group) is allowed to write for example of the t3conf directory. Would
> you explain me exactly how?

Well in the first place, I'm pretty selective about hosting package
features. CURL/wget and ssh are requirements for TYPO3 sites as far as
I'm concerned--for precisely this reason. I've never had any trouble
finding these features in hosting accounts.

typo3conf (as well as typo3temp, uploads and their contents) need to
be created and chgrp/chown/chmod-ed ONCE, on initial install. We were
talking about upgrades, and these tasks are NOT necessary in any
normal upgrade process.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/