[TYPO3] Commerce Payment Capabilities

Allan Jacobsen allan.j at cobsen.dk
Fri Sep 29 21:42:31 CEST 2006

On Friday 29 September 2006 16:23, Ryan Hayle wrote:
> Francois Suter wrote:
> > I think what we really need is something similar to paymentlib, but
> > which runs with PHP4.
>
> I think all PHP4 development should be discouraged at all costs.  What's
> going to happen when PHP6 comes out?  It's really not difficult to
> upgrade clients to PHP5, there are only a few upward compatibility
> issues that usually point to bad php3/4 code anyway.

This is total nonsense, let me point to the example of the apache webserver.
Version 2.0 of apache was releases several years ago, and version 2.2 was
released this year, but version 1.3 is still the most used.
I admit that the situation is not comparable with php, as version 5 brought
some new features, but for many people stability is more important than
features, so is would be a very bad thing to make TYPO3 depend on php5 in my
opinion, and it would certainly be a limiting factor for the growth of TYPO3.

Best regards
Allan Jacobsen
(System administrator, Danish lottery)