[TYPO3] Ext. to make reservations in a calendar?

Mario Matzulla mario.melanie at arcor.de
Wed Sep 27 14:40:52 CEST 2006

Hi Brian,

----- Original Nachricht ----
Von:     Brian Bendtsen <brb at mentor-it.dk>
An:      typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
Datum:   27.09.2006 12:19
Betreff: [TYPO3]  Ext. to make reservations in a calendar?

> I need to make a webapplication where the user has to be able to make
> different kind of reservations.
>
> I want it to be something like reservation item(tennis court, restaurant
> table etc.) on the x-axis and time intervals (9.00-10.00) on the y-axis
> and then it shall be able to show a day at a time.
>
> "graphic view":
>
> Restaurant:
>      		table 1 	  | table 2 	 | table 3
> 09.00 - 11.00	Mr. and Mrs. Smith
> 11.00 - 13.00
>
> <- Wednesday 27/9 ->
>
> Tennis:
>      		court 1 	  | court 2 	 | court 3
> 07.00 - 08.00	Mr. and Mrs. Smith
> 08.00 - 09.00
>
> <- Wednesday 27/9 ->
>

> I know there a lot of ext in the repository like calendars and
> eventhandling, but which one do you recommend?

If you don't want to start from scratch, you should think about writing a view-service for calendar base (cal). This view service could extend the day-view to separate the different calendars (separation on the x-axis). Everything else comes with calendar base. Hmmm, maybe not a check if the event is unique at that time for that calendar.... but I would be happy to include it, if someone provides it :)

Regards,
Mario