[TYPO3] HTML 4.01 Strict?

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 18:24:53 CEST 2006

On 9/26/06, Martin Kutschker <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> wrote:
> Christopher schrieb:
> >
> > However, I've been soundly trounced on the dev list for advocating
> > that TYPO3 support both xhtml and html.
>
> Because a lot of those guys are in a way freaks that have the noble goal of
> advertising the future. For them XHTML is THE thing because they
> incorrectly thing that the other pet "accessibility" is only possible with
> XHTML. Which is of course untrue as XHTML 1.0 is exactly the same as HTML 4.01.

That's right. Near enough anyway that it _should_ be easy to choose
one instead of the other. As I recall though, the main objection in
the earlier discussion went more along the lines of 'no, it will be
difficult' and 'no, xhtml is fine'. I don't think accessibility ever
came up...

Background:

[1] http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-dev/2005-April/009327.html
[1] http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-dev/2006-April/017342.html