[TYPO3] HTML 4.01 Strict?

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Tue Sep 26 18:23:58 CEST 2006

Hello Christopher,

> @erik:
>
> Purists? HTML 4.01 is a *current* standard, and is not likely to be
> superseded--and cannot be said to have been improved on--until
> sometime after IE7 when the majority of browsers can cope with xml.
> TYPO3 is fantastically flexible in almost every other way. Why should
> it be inflexible when it comes to one of its *core
> competencies*--outputting markup?
>
> -Christopher
>
> [1] http://www.hixie.ch/advocacy/xhtml

I was thinking about "purist's" on both sides. I know a lot of webdesigners
who think 4.01 as a dead end, and only advocate XHTML, and vice versa.

Else I fully agree with your point. Hardcoding isn't a preferable solution,
and TYPO3 should easy adhere to current coding standards.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no