[TYPO3] How to create (simple) forms as content elements?

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Sat Sep 23 14:45:21 CEST 2006

Martin Kindler wrote:

> What is best practice to do this?
None - too varied depending on the purpose/function of the form and the
experience of the developer.

> - use a plain HTML element (this is the way I have chosen to use, but it
> is ugly!!!)
Why? If you need something simple and one-off this or php content element
seems fine.

> - write a tiny extension to do it (I have written this extension, but it
> just is overkill)
Not really, it is good practice for you. For a simple form the wizard does a
lot of the work for you.

> Did I miss something? How do you do it?
My preferred method is an external php script. Then I just include it into a
template marker.

Matthew