[TYPO3] Does nobody use forms?

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Sep 22 14:07:59 CEST 2006

Hi,

> a few days ago I asked about the best practice of using forms in
> Typo3. I
> mean forms with real actions (not mailforms).
> I didn't get any answer.

There are no generic mechanisms in TYPO3. That's one reason why there
are so many extensions :-(

The only thing that can help is to use fe_AdminLib.inc to render the
forms, which also makes it possible to define a function for handling
the data. But fe_AdminLib is necessarily linked to a database table
and will require you to create an extension anyway. There are
extensions which make it easier to user fe_AdminLib, but they also
tend to assume things that you don't necessarily want...

HTH

François Suter
Directeur technique