[TYPO3] [solved] Re: question on pi_initpiflexform in tt_news

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Thu Sep 14 09:49:41 CEST 2006

Joachim Rinck wrote:
> The problem was apparently related to using TemplaVoila for Page
> Templates but still having a non-TemplaVoila Page "for testing"
> somewhere in the PageTree. The error described above happened on that
> "testing" Page due to a TV flexform error.
>
> I don't know how and why exactly it happened but once i saw the error in
>  the TV section it was easy to figure it out. Shouldn't you be able to
> mix TV and non-TV pages? I don't know.

Well, you know that you should not mix to medicine that cure the same
problem. No one explicitly said that you cannot mix different templating
solutions but I do not think it is a good idea. As soon as you started
to use TV, you got a totally different way of referencing elements on
pages. There was an effort to make it compatible with taditional
approach but I afraid no one can guarantee that it works for 100%.

I do not see how TV can affect pi_flexform because tv does not use it.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/