[TYPO3] TYPO3 viable as eCommerce system for Amazon-like webshop?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Tue Sep 12 16:19:32 CEST 2006

Hi!

Daniel Smedegaard Buus wrote:
> Basically, we have these extra needs/wishes, that we're hoping we might
> meet/fullfill if we use TYPO3:

Do you want to make it yourself? Typo3 is capable of all it but learning
curve is long. This project will not be for one day or week for
experienced typo3 developer.

You need to understand that it will be a complex project. No idea about
osCommerce (is it still alive?) but one can do it with typo3 if he has
enough knowledge and time.

Looking at your list, it seems that guestbook fits better than forums if
you want discussions for individual books (amazon style). And I really
doubt you want any ajax functionality there.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/