[TYPO3] create "lightweight extension" (simple php app)

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Tue Sep 12 08:07:16 CEST 2006

Hi!

Felix Natter wrote:
> I'd like to integrate a basic web application into typo3,
> but don't really have time to learn how to write an extension.

Then you risk to have conflicts between your app and rest of the system.

Creating extension is really easy. You can learn it in 2 hours for FE
extension.

> Even with such an extension, what is a good way to pass data from
> one form (=typo3 page) to another typo3 page (i.e. in one form you
> enter details and in the target page it will be written to db)?
> Can I just use POST as usual?

You can but you should pass your parameters in the name space of
extension. Something like:

<input type="hidden" name="tx_myext_pi1[myparam]" value="12345" />

You should nit use just "myparam".

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/