[TYPO3] Options for hosting multiple sites - revisited ...

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Thu Sep 7 16:44:04 CEST 2006

Nagita Karunaratne wrote:

> Which would require more memory?  Having multiple T3 instances with their
> own databases or a single instance with one database and using the
> multisite
> feature.
>
> Doesn't having multiple T3 instances require each to have their own PHP
> environment with their own memory allocation?

I don't think there's significant overhead, especially considering using
multiple T3 installations is so much more flexible.

If you use the same source, even the bytecache (eaccelerator etc.) is
shared between all the installations, and the PHP interpreter runs in
global mode anyway, so mod_php or fcgid does not at all care about your
TYPO3 installations.

Cheers,
Michael