[TYPO3] Visibility settings on Filelist items

Claudio claudio.strizzolo at ru.bbishts.infn.it
Thu Oct 26 08:27:26 CEST 2006

Hi all,
is there any way to set visibility rules for the items in the
Filelist tree, just like it can be done for pages?
I mean, I would like to allow access to some Filelist subtrees
only to some logged-in FE groups of users. On pages this can be
done easily by setting appropriately the "Access" field in the
General options, but I haven't found a way to do the same on
Filelist stuff.
In the past I have often used the kw_secdir extension to protect
Filelist through an htaccess-like approach. But this time the
problem is different, as I would like to set up visibility according
to Typo's FE users and groups.
Any hints?

Claudio

P.S.: if this feature is not available at all, maybe it should
      be added to the next release of Typo, in order to grant a
      unique protection method based on Typo's FE users for both
      pages and filelist.