[TYPO3] How to transfer large amount of data into a table content element?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Wed Oct 25 21:12:18 CEST 2006

Hi,

I got a Microsoft word format file which has a table that has quite amount
of data.  We need to publish its content also in table format on the web.
We don't want to enter the data manually on the backend.  We also don't
want to create a page which just has a single link pointing to the
original word document.

I can create a empty table content element and find out its page/element
id and use SQL commands to get the data inserted into the database maybe
by little scripting.  Any better and efficient way to do that?  I wish the
table function in the RTE could let me import data from an external file
(e.g. CSV format) into a predefined table structure.  But it's not
possible with the htmlArea RTE 1.0.0 I'm using on typo3 3.8.1.

Thanks in advance,

Bing