[TYPO3] Translation of frontent labels

Michel Albert exhuma at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 17:57:17 CEST 2006

On 10/24/06, typo3-english-request at lists.netfielders.de <
typo3-english-request at lists.netfielders.de> wrote:

> Hello Michel,
>
> > I am currently trying to get the frontent labels translated into
> > french. However I am unsuccessful so far. I even tried to manually
> > edit the file "locallang_core.xml" without success. What do I have to
> > do? Do I have to make some settings in TypoScript as well somewhere?
> >
> > I tried to follow the localisation guide in the documentation files,
> > but that only covers the case if you want to offer several languages
> > an let the user chose. However, I would like to have french as default
> > language for everybody.
> >
> > The most annoying labels currently are the "age" labels of posts
> > (min,hrs,days,yrs). Also, the extension "cal" is still in english.
> >

> Have you installed french as language, and made the necessary setup in
> TypoScript
> (Root template) to make it .

I have an extension installed called "TS Language, French", and put the
following into TypoScript:
   config.sys_language_uid = 3
   config.htmlTag_langKey = fr-FR
   config.language = fr
   config.locale = fr_CA

Those line are in the "Setup" section of the root template. I suppose the
language uid is the ID that is displayed when hovering the mouse over the
language icon. In that case, 3 is correct.

Are the age labels of post in a normal content element or in a News Item
> (or another element).

As far as I can see, some are in the tt_news posts. I grepped "yrs" in the
ext/tt_news folder, but I did not get any results, so i concluded that it
must be somewhere in typo3. Or am I wrong?

Also, the "cal" extension is still completely in English. So all day-names
show up as "Thursday" or so for example. I did not yet search for those
strings inside the "cal" directory. I am still hunting for the "yrs"
strings.

Which version of TYPO3 are you using (there are a big difference between
> 3.8 and 4.x in how language is installed). As you are trying to edit
> locallang_core.xml
> I suppose you are using 4.x. But french aren't in any of these language
> files,
> they are in separate language files which has to be downloaded through the
> language tool (Translation handling) in the extension manager.

It's 4.x . And as stated above, I downloaded the language file.