[TYPO3] urgent help needed [OT: real names]

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Oct 18 19:16:18 CEST 2006

Hi!

Christopher wrote:
> I'm wth Ian: you guys have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER if this is or is not a
> real name. There have definitely been occasions on the lists where
> people have been upbraided for using names that I'm quite sure were
> real.* This is just one of the reasons why the real name hysteria on
> the TYPO3 lists is so bizarre.

Whatever you feel, this mailing list is not managed by you or me. There
are rules set by owners of this list and I follow them. I generally
follow rules set by owners of chats, forums, mailing lists. The same way
as I follow laws of my country. If person X chooses not to follow
mailing list rules, it means he does not have respect to people who
organized all this to help people. Thus I do not have any respect to
person X. This is my personal feeling, I have full rights to it. And I
feel free to add those people to my personal ignore list and do not
answer their questions. So do many others who have knowledge and can
answer. No real name - no answers from me. If you do not like it - it is
your own problem. Period.

> Besides the problem of accusing users of using made up names when they
> are in fact real,

I answered this already several times. I repeat specially and personally
to you: "Rocky" (or Christopher) is not full name while "Rocky Ou" is
perfectly fine for me. Hope this is clear.

> Add to all of this the nasty tone these discussions sometimes
> take--for example, I was essentially threatened with the possibility
> of expulsion from the HCI list for this reason last week

That would be right thing to do in my opinion.

Topic is closed for me.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/