[TYPO3] multi language issue

Sebastian Mierau typo3 at traumkrieger.de
Mon Oct 16 22:53:17 CEST 2006

Hello,
I try to run a multi language website on typo3 4.0.2. However, the
system doesn't uses my other languages. If I chose another language and
click preview, the browser would show /index.php?id=36&L=5, which is
what I want however the content is still the standard language, it
doesn't use the content with sys_language_uid = 5.

As you can see below  I have a very simple code in my template setup.
Sorry to bother you with this simple question, but, I can't find a
solution for this error in the web. I tried Kasper's howto for multi
language sites and other tutorial, but nothing helped.
Would be great if anybody could help me with this issue.

Thanks a lot, have a nice day!
Sebastian

Template Setup:

# Setting up the language variable L
config.linkVars = L

# Standard language, sys_language.uid = 0
[globalVar = GP:L = 0]
config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.language = de

# English language, sys_language.uid = 3
[globalVar = GP:L = 5]
config.sys_language_uid = 5
config.language = en

page = PAGE

# No page title after site title
config.noPageTitle = 1

page.typeNum = 0
page.10 = USER
page.10.userFunc = tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page