[TYPO3] multi language issue

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Oct 17 07:49:38 CEST 2006

Hi!

Sebastian Mierau wrote:
> I try to run a multi language website on typo3 4.0.2. However, the
> system doesn't uses my other languages. If I chose another language and
> click preview, the browser would show /index.php?id=36&L=5, which is
> what I want however the content is still the standard language, it
> doesn't use the content with sys_language_uid = 5.

Did you actually created language records at "globe" level, alternative
page languages for page and content in other languages?

> As you can see below  I have a very simple code in my template setup.

In fact it should not work at all because...

> # Standard language, sys_language.uid = 0
> [globalVar = GP:L = 0]
> config.sys_language_uid = 0
> config.language = de
>
> # English language, sys_language.uid = 3
> [globalVar = GP:L = 5]
> config.sys_language_uid = 5
> config.language = en

...you are missing [global] here.

> page = PAGE

Also you need to enable language switching in templavoila's DS. Check
that you have <meta> section there that looks like:
	<langChildren>1</langChildren>
	<langDisable>0</langDisable>

and add the following to your TS setup:
	config.sys_language_overlay = content_fallback

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs