[TYPO3] categorized extension list?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Wed Oct 11 15:20:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm having some hard time finding extensions that may do what I want.   Is
there any such a list that categorize extensions based on the services
they provide, say, media, database, chat...?  That can help greatly narrow
down search scope.  The extension manuals on typo3.org are sorted
alphabetically.   The Extension Repository on typo3.org seems to organize
the extensions based on their freshness and popularity.  Sure, I can
search for keyword, but sometimes, those extensions are not named as what
I thought they are supposed to.

Thanks in advance,

Bing