[TYPO3] Where are the TS experts ??????

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 22:04:07 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 10/9/06, Aji Johannes <aji.yahya at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hallo List,
>
> im posting this thread again because i didnt get any good answer , im
> really getting small problem with my Tmenu, and i ask the Typo3 experts
> if they have any idea to slove my problem, ill be very thankful for you
> help guys.
>
> i have a special menu and i want to make something like this:
>

>      NO{
>          linkWrap = <li>|</li>
>      }
>      ACT < .NO
>      ACT = 1
>      ACT{
>          linkWrap = <li>|</li>
>      }
>      CURIFSUB < .NO
>      CURIFSUB  = 1
>      NO.doNotShowLink=1
>          NO.doNotLinkIt=1
>      CURIFSUB{
>              linkWrap = <li>|</li>
>      }
>
> when i click on level 2 if the menu point have sub menu ,should hide
> another points of the same level. for example :
>

> -menu 1 (ACT)
>    -menu 1.2(ACT)
>      -menu 1.2.1
>      -menu 1.2.2
>      -menu 1.2.3
>    -menu 1.3
>    -menu 1.4
> -menu 2
> -menu 3
>
> and want to make it like this:
>
> -menu 1 (ACT)
>    -menu 1.2(ACT)
>      -menu 1.2.1
>      -menu 1.2.2
>      -menu 1.2.3
>
> -menu 2
> -menu 3
>
> if you see the -menu 1.3 -menu 1.4 are hided because  -menu 1.2 is active.
> any idea please ???

I could be wrong, but I don't think this problem can be solved using
TS alone. At a glance, there seem to be two things you can do:

1. Some kind of javascript solution--just expand the whole menu by
default and use javascript to determine a) which menus should be
open/closed based on the current page, and b) which menu items should
be visible/invisible based on the current page, or

2. Use the 'userdefined' or 'userfunction' options of the 'special'
property of HMENU [1]--there's a fairly detailed example at the end of
the .special table.

Incidentally, _if_ I understand properly what you're trying to
do--i.e. hiding some but not all menu items on the current/parent
level based on a certain page being active--I would say it's a very
bad idea in terms of usability. What if I'm on 1.2 and I want to go
directly to 1.4?

-Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/8/11/